Hirofumi Hotta of JPRS Received an Award in "Community Leader Recognition Program" of ICANN
Hirofumi Hotta (a.k.a. Hiro Hotta) of JPRS received an award at the session "Community Leader Recognition Program" of the ICANN78 meeting in Hamburg, Germany.
This session recognized the extraordinary commitments and contributions of 59 leaders from the global multistakeholder community to the work of ICANN. Hotta was recognized for his past work as a member of the 2023 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom).
The NomCom is an independent committee, in accordance with the ICANN Bylaws, tasked with selecting key ICANN leadership positions, including some members of the ICANN Board of Directors and the PTI Board, as well as the ALAC, the ccNSO Council, and the GNSO Council. NomCom members work together to fulfill NomCom's mission and responsibilities reflecting the interests of the global Internet community. 2023 NomCom has selected 9 members and announced its results on July 31, 2023.
Hotta as a 2023 NomCom member has been active for one year from the end of the Annual General Meeting during ICANN 75 in September 2022.
JPRS will continue to contribute to the global Internet community.
- Recognizing ICANN Community Contributions in 2023
- Community Leader Recognition Program
- ICANN78 Community Leader Recognition Program (*Addition on 28
- ICANN's 2023 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
- Hirofumi Hotta of JPRS Appointed as a Member of the ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom)